Across the nation, high school and college grads are proudly walking across the stage to receive their diplomas. As the grad’s friends or family members, we couldn’t be prouder of their accomplishments. But now it’s our turn to fulfill our duty – find the perfect gift to convey just how much we appreciate them.
Here are some items under $20 to spark your own creativity in coming up with a unique, yet affordable, gift for the grad in your life.
1. Notebook – Any kind of notebook would be a great gift for a college graduate. However, Lily Pulitzer has incredibly cute notebooks, which is wonderful motivation in itself to get your college grad to diligently organize her schedule that’s bound to be filled with job interviews and girls night out with friends!
2. SVM Cards – The website SVM offers a variety of gift cards essential for any college grad, especially in terms of food and even gas money! For any grad, having money that covers the basics enables them to focus on their internships and job searching.
3. Netflix subscription – ($7.99/month) – What better way to say “Congratulations,” than to give the gift of hundreds of TV shows? After late nights at a new job, Netflix is the best way to relax by mindlessly binge-watching the latest season of one’s favorite TV show.
4. Messenger bag – Starting a new job or internship can be chaotic, especially in the first few days trying to acclimate oneself to a new work environment. A messenger bag is a great way to keep your notebooks, laptop, and writing utensils organized. Staying organized is a surefire way to success.
5. Mug – Whether it’s hot chocolate or coffee, your favorite college grad will have something to remember you by with their customized mug. Customized mugs would be a fantastic addition to your grad’s new home.
6. UChic Girls Guide – Do you know someone graduating from high school? Are they heading to college next year? The UChic Girls Guide is the best resource for young college girls heading off to college. The book filled with young women who have expereienced college will help anyone navigate this life stage.
Searching for a gift on a tight budget doesn’t have to be a difficult task. Oftentimes, we put too much pressure on ourselves to find the most expensive gift out there just to show our loved ones how much joy and pride they’ve brought into our lives. Yet just some imagination can lead us to just the right gift that your grad will not only love, but will also contribute to their success beyond college.
Love UChic like we do and want to be involved? Sign up for our Newsletter and follow us on Facebook and Twitter to be in the know on exciting opportunities coming this year.